For 44 years...
…we have served young people, adults, couples, and families in facing their unique challenges and exploring all the possibilities life offers.
Mental health comes in many colors.
Each and every one of us is a rainbow.
Roll cursor over slide show to pause.
who we are
In 2003, Tobinworld expanded its charter to open a non-profit community-based mental health clinic, treating children and adolescents struggling with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges and supporting their families in meeting these challenges. We assist youth ages 5 to 21 in developing the skills and behaviors that support a happy and productive life.
What We Offer
Tobinworld’s objectives for this program include:
- achieving the youth’s and family’s goals/desired results
- a significant reduction or elimination of symptoms
- restoration or maintenance of functioning consistent with the requirement for learning, development, independent living, and enhanced self-sufficiency
- improvement in the emotional, social, and/or the academic functioning of their clients;
- improvement in their family’s functioning
- improvement in parenting skills, household management, accessibility to community resources, and family unity
- assisting each youth to be served in the least restrictive environment as is possible
- assisting the youth and family in assessing their needs for and acquiring access to medical, educational, recreational, social, prevocational, rehabilitative, and other community services necessary for the youth and family to meet their needs and enable the youth to function at his/her residence, school, and community
Initial DMH Child/Adolescent assessment, DSM V diagnosis, clinical interview, and other standardized testing instruments including psychological testing.
A thorough appraisal of the youth’s functioning in their residence, school and community settings; includes health status, social support systems and daily activities.
Individual, group and family therapy, which focus on symptom reduction and behavioral changes as a means to improve functional impairments. When substance abuse is an issue, substance abuse education and counseling might be offered, and when appropriate linkage to a substance abuse program. Collateral contacts will be an important element of this service.
Seeking Safety, MAP (Managing and Adapting Practice), TFCBT (Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and PPP (Positive Parenting Program).
These services include assistance in restoring or maintaining functional daily living skills, social skills, grooming and personal hygiene, medication compliance and education, and support services; counseling for the youth and family members; training in leisure time activities; and substance abuse counseling/education for the youth and/or family members.
The development of coordination plans and service plans; approval of coordination and service plans; utilization review/verification of medical necessity; and monitoring of progress.
Communication, coordination and referral between the program and other service agencies; monitoring service delivery to ensure the client’s access to service and the service delivery system; monitoring of the client’s progress and plan development.
Evaluation for the need for medication; evaluation of the clinical effectiveness and possible side effects of medication; obtaining informed consent; medication education; dispensing and administering of psychiatric medication (this may be done by the psychiatrist or a nurse); at least monthly follow-up for patients prescribed medication. Each psychiatrist will participate in clinical reviews and consultations with staff.
A service lasting less than 24 hours to or on behalf of a client for a condition that requires a more timely response than a regularly scheduled visit, with the focus on preventing loss of placement, school suspension or expulsion, hospitalization, and/or incarceration
In 2020, Tobinworld expanded its mental health services and now accepts many major insurance plans and all PPO insurance plans. We provide outpatient therapy to children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families. Our multi-disciplinary team of licensed mental health professionals are trained and experienced in treating a wide array of issues.
Sunset Cordero LMFT, ATR
Karen Huestis PhD
Steve Hochstadt PsyD
Janie Strasner PhD
Nathan Howe LMFT
Priscilla Tejada LMFT
912 East Broadway
Glendale, CA 91205